My, how time has flown. How did you get to be 20 years old so soon?
I am so proud of the woman you have become. You have a heart of gold, innocent, unworldly, yet have shown tremendous grit and resilience in getting through school and exams. You are not conditioned to follow the norm which is a trait you inherited from dad. Though there is no match for his fearlessness, I think we can agree with that!
I’ve gone ahead and lived 21 years from where you are now. With the benefit of hindsight, this is what I’d say to you as you start life in your 20s:
- Love yourself – love comes from within and it is a huge responsibility which you just can’t delegate to anyone else. Your parents will love you unconditionally because you are their flesh and blood. But don’t place your self worth on what/how others perceive you.
- Continue reaching for the stars – don’t settle for anything less than. Look and reach for ‘more than’ and what others perceive as unattainable. You deserve and are worthy of more.
- Be fearless and radiate positive energy – surround yourself with those who vibrate on a similarly high frequency. Trust your instinct and focus your thoughts and energy only on what makes you happy, fulfilled and nourished.
- You’ll make a fantastic mother. But remember to love, not spoil.
- Exercise and nourish yourself well – you will surprise yourself on your natural instinct for flavours and ability to combine them to make sumptuous meals.
- Continue educating yourself – if there is a will, there is a way. Your parents were right when they said knowledge is power, and education (be it formal/informal) is key to progression.
- Believe in the power of prayer – He is always there for guidance and you should never feel alone.
- Set goals which will help you navigate through the course of life – never ever drift aimlessly. If you find yourself off-course, don’t despair. Obstacles are merely detours to get you back on track.
- Love and respect others regardless of race, religion, background. Treat others the way you want to be treated
- Aim for Financial Freedom from your first paycheck.
Now go forth, live your life to the fullest and the best of your ability. May your life be filled with good fortune, love and the best of health.